App-based ‘ojek’ resume passenger transportation service in Jakarta

first_imgJakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has announced that ride-hailing ojek (motorcycle taxi) drivers are allowed to transport passengers again starting on Monday.The drivers were previously only permitted to transport goods while large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) were in effect in the capital, in accordance with Health Ministerial Regulation No. 9/2020 on PSBB implementation guidelines.Anies also issued a decree on June 5, which contains guidelines for app-based ojek drivers to operate during the PSBB.“[Ride-hailing ojek passenger transportation services] begin operating on June 8, 2020,” the decree stipulates.Drivers, however, are not allowed to operate in 62 out of more than 2,700 community units (RW) across the capital where restrictions will remain in place as a result of their higher rates of COVID-19 infection as the city is set to enforce local-scale social restrictions (PSBL).Read also: We’re ready: App-based ‘ojek’ drivers welcome ‘new normal’ with health measuresDrivers are also required to use personal protective equipment when transporting passengers, with masks and hand sanitizer at minimum. They are also required to maintain cleanliness by disinfecting their motorcycles and helmets after transporting passengers.Two-Wheel Action Movement (Garda) ojek association leader Igun Wicaksono said the drivers were ready to apply COVID-19 health protocols, hoping other regions in Greater Jakarta would also immediately allow drivers to transport passengers.”We hope [the app companies] will immediately reactivate their passenger transportation services in other parts of Greater Jakarta,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.The association, he said, had raised drivers’ awareness on how to prevent virus transmission when transporting passengers, calling on passengers to bring their own helmets to avoid the potential spread of COVID-19.“We will continue to raise awareness and encourage the implementation of health protocols so drivers and passengers will both apply the protocols.” (ggq)Topics :last_img read more

ICC World Cup ‘By bits ‘n’ pieces, he ripped me apart’: Sanjay Manjrekar on Ravindra Jadeja’s knock

first_imgNew Delhi : Ravindra Jadeja, India’s star all-rounder could not get India over the line but won billions of hearts, including his fierce hater Sanjay Manjerakar, by his brilliant performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 semi-final against New Zealand.Manjerakar, whose ‘bits and pieces’ remark against Jadeja made headlines last week and prompted sharp reaction from the player himself, was all praises for the all-rounder for his 77 off just 59 balls knock against New Zealand.In a video shared by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on its Twitter handle, Manjerakar said, “By bits ‘n’ pieces of sheer brilliance, he’s ripped me apart on all fronts.”“This is Ravindra Jadeja that we have not seen very often. His highest score in last 40-odd innings had been around 33 (but) today he was brilliant, economical with the ball,” he added.Since India’s loss to England in the World Cup, Manjrekar has been vocal in his criticism of a few players, including the seasoned Mahendra Singh Dhoni and opener K L Rahul. The Mumbaikar also recently referred to Jadeja as a ‘bits and pieces player’. The comment did not go down well with Jadeja, who took to Twitter to express his anger.“Still I have played twice the number of matches you have played and I am still playing. Learn to respect people who have achieved. I have heard enough of your verbal diarrhoea,” Jadeja wrote.In 151 ODIs, Jadeja has scored 2035 runs and taken 174 wickets, while Manjrekar played 74 matches scoring 1994 runs. In today’s match, it was Jadeja who brought India back to hunt after being reduced to 92-6. Jadeja stitched a crucial 100 plus partnership with MS Dhoni to take the match deep but fall in the 48th over while trying to hit Trent Boult over the ropes. India lost the match y 18 runs. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

CWI to stage emerging players’ training camp

first_img(CMC) – CRICKET West Indies (CWI) will stage a training camp for emerging players at month end, geared towards developing their skills in the limited overs formats.Fifteen players will gather at the West Indies High Performance Centre at the Coolidge Cricket Ground here for the May 27 to June 13 programme which is part of a new CWI thrust to invest heavily in player-development at the youth level.“The camp will be delivered by the CWI high-performance team with a focus on developing the players’ white-ball skills and building on the potential the players have shown coming through the CWI pathway of youth and senior regional tournaments,” said High Performance Centre programme manager Graeme West.“The development of players is key to the West Indies’ future success and we have to begin to build the depth of talent in the white-ball formats, especially 50 overs.”The group selected includes four members of the ICC Under-19 World Cup-winning side from 2016 with batsman Keacy Carty and seamers Odean Smith, Chemar Holder and all-rounder Shamar Springer.Left-arm pacer Dominic Drakes, son of former West Indies fast bowler Vasbert Drakes, has also been included.“We have seen the emergence of a number of our talented Under-23s, like Shimron Hetmyer, Alzarri Joseph, Keemo Paul, Oshane Thomas, Sherfane Rutherford and Obed McCoy, into the West Indies white-ball squads in recent matches and all have performed creditably,” West explained.“We have a strong group of emerging players and this initiative is a good opportunity at harnessing that talent, raising the profiles of some of our outstanding young talent, and preparing them to be future West Indies stars.”Twelve of the 15 players, including the likes of Drakes, Smith and Springer, have been identified for next week’s Caribbean Premier League (CPL) draft and West said they would be guaranteed spots in the various franchises.“This is the first time that the CWI selection panel has provided a pool of emerging players to CPL,” said West.“The 12 players who have been identified by the selection panel are guaranteed contracts with the six franchises and will be entered into the CPL Draft taking place later this month in London, where the franchises will make their squad selections.”SQUAD – Joshua Bishop, *Leniko Boucher, Keacy Carty, *Roland Cato, *Dominic Drakes, Keon Harding, *Chemar Holder, *Amir Jangoo, *Ramaal Lewis, *Jeremiah Louis, *Anderson Phillips, *Jeavor Royal, *Keagan Simmons, *Odean Smith, *Shamar Springer.(Asterisk denotes players chosen for CPL draft)last_img read more

Djokovic to take a break from tennis

first_imgPhoto © Pixabay The Tennis Federation of Serbia’s doctor claims the world number 4 has bruising of the bone in his elbow due to over-playing.Novak Djokovic retired injured during his Wimbledon quarter final, and is set to drop out of the top-4 in the world next week for the first time in a decade.Its likely Djokovic will miss next month’s US Open at least.last_img