Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been urged to fight on by the club’s former goalkeeper Mark Bosnich, despite reports of tension at Old Trafford.Dark clouds have started to gather over the Theatre of Dreams following Monday’s 3-0 loss to Premier League rivals Tottenham and Mourinho’s post-match rant.Mourinho, who suffered the heaviest home defeat of his career, demanded “respect” during a fiery news conference in which he reminded reporters he has won more Premier League titles than the division’s 19 other managers combined. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! It cast further doubts over Mourinho’s future amid reported tension with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward over transfers, but ex-Australia international Bosnich – a Premier League champion at United in 1999-00 – told Omnisport: “Every manager will have their frustrations, but there are always two sides to every story.”Regardless of what club you’re at, he who’s got the gold makes the rules. There’s only so much these people will say yes or no to. It would have happened to every manager.”Mourinho won two trophies in his first season and finished second last season. It’s not all bad, no matter what’s happening at the moment and people including him need to remember that.”But there’s a team called Manchester City who have an exceptional manager who has what he’s asked for. There’s been times before where he has made signings that haven’t worked out. And at the moment, United, like everyone else, are a bit in the shadow.”We’re talking about one of the best teams in Premier League history.”Mourinho, in my opinion, just needs to fight. If he wants to be there, which I’m sure he does. I don’t think you sign a five-year contract, especially someone like him, if you don’t want to be there.”It’s still early in the season. It’s not encouraging at all and we know that, but there’s still a long way to go. He has the firepower to make sure they have a good season.”The defeat to Spurs came after United suffered a shock 3-2 loss at Brighton. Next up is a trip to Burnley on Sunday. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
Advertisement Canadian members of Parliament have passed a unanimous motion condemning Netflix for using images of the Lac-Megantic rail disaster in fictional dramas and demanding financial compensation for the Quebec community for using the tragic images without consent. (Netflix) Advertisement Netflix has apologized, saying it was not aware of the source of the footage, and has agreed to take steps to avoid using it in future productions.But the company has refused to remove the images from Bird Box, a disaster movie released late last year.That’s something NDP MP Pierre Nantel, who introduced the House of Commons motion this week, says he cannot accept.“We know people are going to go and watch this film, and again these real images will be used,” he said. “For people in Lac-Megantic, they saw images of their own downtown burning, and could imagine their own family members in it.”He noted the movie was produced by Netflix and exists almost exclusively online — so it’s not a case of a production company trying to recall movies widely distributed to cinemas or to consumers on DVDs.“It’s online, it’s their own and it’s an image that is easy to switch out.”Netflix refused comment Wednesday, pointing only to a letter the company sent last week to Roy in response to her concerns. In it, the company’s public-policy director Corie Wright says while Netflix “understands that many feel frustration and sadness at seeing images of this tragic event,” the company cannot make changes to “finished content.”As for the demand from the House of Commons that Netflix pay compensation to the community of Lac-Megantic for using the rail disaster for entertainment purposes, the company had no comment.Netflix has been a lightning rod of discontent in Quebec ever since it agreed to invest $500 million over five years in Canada as part of the federal government’s cultural policy, which included a promise to set up a Canadian production facility.Netflix committed to spend $25 million to develop French-language content, but the lack of a contractual obligation to produce and stream it came under heavy scrutiny in Quebec, where former federal culture minister Melanie Joly and her plan were pilloried and dismissed as naive. Joly has since been shuffled to Tourism, Official Languages and la Francophonie.Nantel says he does not want to conflate the taxation and Canadian content concerns involving Netflix and other streaming services with this specific issue, but he did point out that if a traditional Canadian broadcaster had used Lac-Megantic footage in a similar way, the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council could be called on to intervene.“Like Ms. Roy said, you cannot leave your broadcasting system to be some sort of wild west where everybody is doing whatever they want,” Nantel said.By Teresa Wright | The Canadian Press OTTAWA — Netflix should compensate the people of Lac-Megantic for using footage of the 2013 rail disaster there in fictional dramas, Canada’s members of Parliament have agreed unanimously.The motion they passed is non-binding, an expression of sentiment and not a law. But it’s a stern rebuke from Canada’s Parliament aimed at the online streaming giant, after footage from the rail explosion that killed 47 people in the Quebec town was used in the hit movie Bird Box and the series Travelers.MPs are demanding that Netflix remove all images of the Lac-Megantic tragedy from its fiction catalogue — a plea that has also been made by Quebec’s culture minister Nathalie Roy and Lac-Megantic Mayor Julie Morin. Facebook LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Twitter Login/Register With: