Ron Vlaar 1 Lazio have made Aston Villa centre-back Ron Vlaar their No.1 transfer target, according to reports in Italy.The Netherlands international has been linked with a host of clubs this summer after impressing for his country at the World Cup.Manchester United have been rumoured as one of the teams interested in Vlaar, with Arsenal, Southampton and Juventus also said to be monitoring his situation.However, according to Corriere della Sera, Lazio have now made Vlaar their top priority and are keen to tie up a deal quickly.They will not find it easy to do so, with Villa boss Paul Lambert determined to keep the 29-year-old.It is understood that if a move for Vlaar does not materialise, the Serie A side would turn to other targets.Parma’s Gabriel Paletta is reportedly their second choice and Juventus’ Angelo Ogbonna their third and final option.
The 31-year-old Scot has played just three matches since making his comeback last week after 11 months on the sidelines.Murray, whose ranking has dropped to 156, had an operation on his right hip in January and only returned to action on June 18 when he was beaten by Nick Kyrgios at Queen’s Club.The three-time Grand Slam winner saw off Stan Wawrinka at Eastbourne on Monday, but after losing to fellow Briton Kyle Edmund on Wednesday he conceded his fitness was still an issue.Despite his lack of match practice, Murray has opted to give it a go at his home Grand Slam, where he will play in a best of five sets tournament for the first time since his Wimbledon quarter-final defeat against Sam Querrey 12 months ago.“I feel all right, not much different to how I felt two days ago really,” Murray said after Friday’s draw.“I’ll chat to my team this afternoon and also see a bit how the next two days go.“I’m playing sets and stuff (on Saturday), and then, yeah, but most likely yeah, I’ll play.“The thing is I obviously don’t know every single day how things will be. I need to play it a little bit by ear.“I can’t predict how I’m going to feel in two days. But if I feel like I do today in a couple of days, I’ll be playing.”Murray, who defeated Paire in straight sets at Wimbledon last year, could still withdraw from the tournament right up until the scheduled start of his clash with the world number 48.Wimbledon starts on Monday and Murray, who hasn’t publicly announced he is definitely fit enough to play, is due to face the media in a press conference on Saturday.If he does take part, Murray is scheduled to face former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro in the third round and may have to get past Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals, Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals and Roger Federer in the final.Defending champion Federer, in his 20th visit to the south London tournament, opens his bid for a ninth Wimbledon crown by facing Serbia’s Dusan Lajovic.The 36-year-old has potential encounters with Lukas Lacko, Leonardo Mayer and Borna Coric, who beat Federer in the Halle final last weekend, knocking the 20-time major winner off the top of the ATP rankings.A possible quarter-final against South Africa’s Kevin Anderson lies in wait for Federer, followed by a semi-final clash with newly crowned Queen’s Club champion Marin Cilic, who lost to the Swiss star in last year’s Wimbledon final.If Federer makes it through those six opponents, he has a potential final date with his old rival Nadal on the 10th anniversary of their epic five-set Wimbledon final won by the Spaniard.French Open champion Nadal, who hasn’t won Wimbledon since 2010, will aim to avoid adding to a long list of embarrassing early exits when the world number one takes on Israel’s Dudi Sela in the first round.Djokovic, who plays American Tennys Sandgren in the first round, could face British number one Edmund in the third round and French Open finalist Dominic Thiem in the last 16.With his ranking down to 17 after a long spell marred by injuries and poor form, three-time Wimbledon winner Djokovic has already claimed he isn’t a contender for the title.One of the most eagerly anticipated ties of the first round will see three-time Grand Slam champion Wawrinka, unseeded after his ranking fell following knee surgery, meet sixth-seeded Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Andy Murray will face Benoit Paire in the Wimbeldon first round © AFP / Glyn KIRKLondon, United Kingdom, Jun 29 – Andy Murray revealed on Friday he is “likely” to compete at Wimbledon after the two-time champion was handed a first-round tie against France’s Benoit Paire.Murray had left his participation in the grass-court Grand Slam to the last minute as the former world number one makes tentative progress in his return from hip surgery.
A man who sexually assaulted a ten-year-old girl has appeared before Carndonagh District Court. Judge Paul Kelly heard how a schoolgirl and her ten-year-old friend were in a charity shop in the peninsula when the defendant approached them and rammed his tongue down the victim’s throat. The man – who cannot be named because of a court order – pleaded guilty to the sexual assault charge dating back to August, 2016.Inspector Shaun Grant told Judge Kelly: “While they were in the shop a male began talking to her. He had his arm round her and began kissing her. She pulled away.”The court heard how the defendant then proceeded to stick his tongue down her mouth.When she tried to leave he followed her.In the girl’s statement – which was read out in court, she said: “I just remember he just came really close and started kissing me and then he wouldn’t leave me alone. I walked out and he followed. He then said ‘do you want to come back to my house and start kissing’.The victim returned home and told her 15-year-old brother, and mother. They then made the complaint to the Gardai.The defendant’s defence solicitor, Mr Gillespie, said his client wished to apologise to the complainant and the complainant’s mother.He said: “It is a matter that has caused profound embarrassment and has been a turning point in his life.“He is 57-years-old and is a bachelor living in his family home. He is unable to read or write and has a number of health problems. He also has a mental health matter.”He said he has had ‘some difficulty’ in dealing with the death of his mother.“He has assured me there would be no repeat of this,” he told Judge Kelly.Mr Gillespie said his client was socially awkward and tends to ‘keep to himself’.A letter was handed up to Judge Kelly from the man’s GP.The victim and her mother did not attend the court.Judge Kelly said that given the circumstances and the medical report he had received, he would seek intervention from the probation services. The matter was adjourned until July for a probation report.Ten-year-old girl sexually assaulted while shopping for toys was last modified: April 25th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)