The historiccourt ruling backed Parliament’s sovereignty and slapped down what justicesviewed as Johnson’s effort to squelch debate on Brexit, the country’s most politicallydivisive issue in years. (AP) LONDON – Britain’sHouse of Commons reconvened Wednesday, a day after the bombshell Supreme Courtruling that Prime Minister Boris Johnson had acted illegally by suspendingParliament, and lawmakers immediately demanded answers about how the suspensioncame about in the first place. Britain’s Prime Minster Boris Johnson arrives at 10 Downing Street, in London, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. AP
March 28, 2018 Police Blotter032818 Decatur County EMS Report032818 Decatur County Fire Report032818 Decatur County Jail Report032818 Decatur County Law Report032818 Batesville Police Blotter
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance Club’s server collapses over ticket demand for first Bundesliga game in 11 years FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Jadon Sancho and other Borussia Dortmund players have come under fire from the Bundesliga club over having haircuts at home and appearing to violate hygiene rules.Photos on social media showed them and the hairdresser without face masks. Sports Director Michael Zorc said on Thursday it appeared that the players and the hairdresser observed all rules during the cut itself.Zorc said: “However, taking off the masks for the photo violated the rules.“We were in contact with the German Football League (DFL) which says in the hygiene concept that allowed the Bundesliga restart that players must have no contact to the outside world at home and cannot receive visitors.“We talked to the players again in a very clear way and made it very clear to them how they should behave.“We also talked to the hairdresser. I don’t understand why you have to take pictures as well.” Zorc confirmed that young star forward Sancho was among the players but also said: “We shouldn’t forget that Jadon is 19 and testing his limits.”Second-placed Borussia Dortmund host Hertha Berlin on Saturday without suspended defender Mats Hummels, while teenage striker Erling Braut Haaland will be a late decision following injury.dpa/NAN.Tags: Borussia DortmundBundesligaCOVID-19Hair CutHealth & SafetyJadon Sancho
The Frenchman has led the side on several occasions this season and has now been chosen by manager Mauricio Pochettino as the permanent successor to fellow central defender Michael Dawson, who joined Hull last month. Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and striker Emmanuel Adebayor will both act as vice-captains. A post on the club’s official Twitter feed read: ” Mauricio has announced that Younes Kaboul has been named our new Club captain with Hugo Lloris and Emmanuel Adebayor as vice-captains.” Adebayor made his 100th appearance for Spurs in Saturday’s Barclays Premier League draw with Sunderland. The 28-year-old Kaboul joined the club for the second time from Portsmouth in January 2010 and has made 131 appearances in his two spells in north London. Younes Kaboul has been named as Tottenham’s new captain, the club have announced. Press Association
The Kilkenny man beat David Gilbert 6-2 and will face the winner of today’s match between Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire.The World number 62 has already seen off the challenge of World Champion Mark Selby in the previous round.Antrim’s Mark Allen plays Rod Lawler this evening but Ken Doherty is out – the former world champion was beaten 6-1 by world number eight, Ricky Walden.
The Tipperary trio of Tommy O’Donnell, Donnacha Ryan and Dave Foley are all included among the forwards.Jared Payne – who missed the game against England at Twickenham – has been named among the backs.
Femi SolajaWhen the Centre Referee blasts his whistle at 9:00pm Nigerian time to signal the beginning of the biggest Africa Cup of Nations in history at the Cairo International Stadium, the Pharaohs will strive to avoid the national embarrassment Egypt suffered in 1986 when they surprisingly lost 0-1 to unheralded Senegal.This time, Egypt will be facing the Warriors of Zimbabwe in the opening match. In the previous 31 editions, the hosts have often won their opening games. There are 19 of such instances while nine were drawn and five lost, including the 1986 edition by Egypt.No home nation has lost in the 13 previous curtain raisers involving the home side. The last home side to lose an opening game was Tunisia in 1994 and lost 0-2 to Mali in a tournament Nigeria’s Super Eagles won for the second time after 1980 triumph on home soil.The opening match is just one of the projected 52 matches as the competition has expanded to 24 teams instead of the 16 that characterized the preceding 12 editions in which 16 teams featured since 1996 – even though Nigeria boycotted the initial 16-format edition.The numbers of participating teams have been fluctuating. At it beginning in 1957, there were three teams, all by invitation following the disqualification of the fourth team, South Africa, owing to its prevailing apartheid policy.Qualifying series began for the 1962 edition following entries by nine countries, including Nigeria. Ethiopia and Egypt both automatically qualified as the host country and title holders respectively. Morocco would withdraw before play began, thus leaving only six teams vying for the remaining two spots in the finals.Tunisia eliminated Nigeria after an ill-advised walkout in the return leg in Tunis in which advantage was still in Nigeria’s favour.Teams in the finals increased to six at the 1963 edition in Ghana. Nigeria qualified by default after CAF disqualified the initially qualified Guinea on technical ground. Guinean referees officiated the return leg in Conakry in which the host team won 1-0 after a 2-2 draw in Lagos.The 1968 tournament, the sixth edition heralded the standardization of format. Eight teams featured in the finals and a two-year interval in the even-numbered year was adopted which ran till that of 2012.The eight-team format was changed to 12 at the Senegal 2012 edition. The 12 teams were divided into four groups of three. For the first time, quarterfinals were introduced as two top teams advanced.The format changed to 16 teams at South Africa 1996. This year’s edition is the first to involve 24 teams.They are split into six groups of four teams at the draw conducted in April. Thus, another phase, Round of 16 is introduced. Two teams from each group will advance into the Round of 16.Four others among the best third-placed teams from the six groups will join the 12 that emerged first and second from each group.The Round of 16 is a direct knock out stage.OPENING MATCHES OF PREVIOUS 31 EDITIONS· 1957 – Sudan 1-2 Egypt· 1959 – Egypt 4 – 0 Ethiopia· 1962 – Ethiopia 4 – 2 Tunisia· 1963 – Ghana 1 – 1 Tunisia· 1965 – Tunisia 4 -0 Ethiopia· 1968 – Ethiopia 2 -1 Uganda· 1970 – Sudan 3 – 0 Ethiopia· 1972 – Cameroon 2 -1 Kenya· 1974 – Egypt 2 -1 Uganda 1· 1976 – Ethiopia 2 – 0 Uganda· 1978 – Ghana 2 – 1 Zambia· 1980 – Nigeria 3-1 Tanzania· 1982 – Libya 2 -2 Ghana· 1984- Cote d’Ivoire 3 – 0 Togo· 1986 -Egypt 0 -1 Senegal· 1988 -Morocco 1 – 0 DR Congo· 1990 – Algeria 5 -1 Nigeria· 1992 – Senegal 1-2 Nigeria· 1994 – Tunisia 0 – 2 Mali· 1996 – S’Africa 3-0 Cameroon· 1998 – B’Faso 0-1 Cameroon· 2000 – Ghana 1 – 1 Cameroon· 2000 – Nigeria 4 – 2 Tunisia· 2002 – Mali 1 – 1 Liberia· 2004 – Tunisia 2 – 1 Rwanda· 2006 – Egypt 3 – 0 Libya· 2008 – Ghana 2 – 1 Guinea· 2010 – Angola 4 – 4 Mali 4· 2012 – E’Guinea 1-0 Libya· 2012 – Gabon 2 – 0 Niger· 2013 – S’Africa 0 -0 Cape Verde 0· 2015 – E’ Guinea 1 -1 Congo· 2017 – Gabon 1 -1 G’BissauShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The Dodgers (90-70) have won 90 games in three consecutive seasons for the first time since 1976-78. More importantly, they’re a half-game ahead of the New York Mets (89-70) for home-field advantage in the NLDS.The Mets were rained out Friday and will play a doubleheader Saturday.If the Dodgers finish with a better regular-season record than the Mets, Game 3 will be at Citi Field. If the teams finish with the same record, or the Mets finish with a better record than the Dodgers, Game 3 will be at Dodger Stadium.That could factor into the decision of who starts the game for the Dodgers. Wood (12-12) has a 2.21 ERA in six starts this season at Dodger Stadium, compared to 3.84 for the season. Anderson is 10-9 with a 3.69 ERA — but only 3-5 with a 4.29 ERA at home. Either Alex Wood or Brett Anderson will probably start Game 3 of the National League Division Series for the Dodgers.Based on each pitcher’s most recent start, it isn’t clear who wants it more.One day after Anderson pitched into the eighth inning in San Francisco, Wood shut down the San Diego Padres for seven innings in the Dodgers’ 6-2 win before an announced crowd of 45,564 at Dodger Stadium.“It’s good to finish on a high note and play for home-field advantage,” Wood said. “I’m glad I was able to do my part.” “Even when I was in Atlanta, I liked pitching here,” Wood said.Citi Field hasn’t been as kind to Wood. He’s winless in four career starts there, with a subpar 4.56 ERA. Anderson has never faced the Mets in his career.“Obviously the numbers have shown that (Wood) pitches better here,” Mattingly said. “I have no clue (why). For the most part, it shouldn’t make a difference really. When you’re 60 feet 6 inches, you make quality pitches and get ground balls.”Either way, both pitchers are almost certainly destined to make the Dodgers’ NLDS roster. Mattingly said earlier in the day that the roster will include four starting pitchers, and Wood and Anderson are the best of any Dodgers starters not named Greinke or Kershaw.Wood and Padres starter Casey Kelly (0-2) traded zeroes Friday until the bottom of the third inning, when the Dodgers erupted for five runs.With runners on first and second base, Adrian Gonzalez drove in Carl Crawford with a one-out single. On a potential double-play ground ball by Justin Turner, Padres second baseman Cory Spangenberg overthrew second base, sending Kendrick home and Gonzalez to third base.A groundout by Andre Ethier, followed by RBI singles by Corey Seager and A.J. Ellis, completed the rally.Kendrick also doubled and scored on an RBI single by Turner in the fifth inning.Mattingly started his regular position players for the second straight day, backing up talk of the importance of home-field advantage by playing his best players.“It’s important for guys to stay sharp and fresh because there’s going to be a four-day layoff going into the next series,” Ellis said. “Guys want to get their at-bats in. It’s nice to have that edge of winning baseball games. I remember the last couple years where we’ve locked things up a little bit earlier, and there’s that 10, 12 days of up and down. Donnie’s doing a good job making sure the motor stays on and we’re still playing the right way.”
Another Lakers youngster is done for the season as Josh Hart will miss the next 12 weeks after undergoing a procedure on his right knee, the team announced Thursday. Los Angeles selected Hart out of Villanova with the 30th pick in the 2017 draft. He has knocked down 36.5 percent of his shots from behind the arc.Lonzo Ball (ankle) and Brandon Ingram (deep venous thrombosis) have also been ruled out for the season. Related News BREAKING: Josh Hart underwent a successful ultrasonic debridement procedure on his right knee patellar tendon this morning.⁰Hart is expected to make a full recovery and return to basketball activities in approximately 12 weeks. pic.twitter.com/Q5FzDmrYjO— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) March 28, 2019Hart, 24, averaged 7.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 67 games this season. He’s shot 40.8 percent from the field and 33.9 percent from 3-point range. Luke Walton: I fully expect to be coaching the Lakers again next season
“What’s the future hold? I don’t know, I don’t know the answers for that,” he said at a news conference. “Right now, I’m just taking it a day at a time, trying to finish healthy, trying to win these last four games and see what happens.”Beckham addressed the fallout from those comments on Friday, though he did not clarify if he wanted to remain a Brown beyond this season, with his contract in Cleveland running until 2023.”Ok… I NEVER said I was not happy in Cleveland, just like everyone else I’m hopeful for better results. Period. Next story plzz,” he wrote on Twitter.Ok… I NEVER said I was not happy in Cleveland, just like everyone else I’m hopeful for better results. Period. Next story plzz …— Odell Beckham Jr (@obj) December 6, 2019 With the Browns 5-7 and facing an uphill battle to make the postseason, Beckham was noncommittal when asked about his future on Thursday.NFL POWER RANKINGS49ers, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles fall; Steelers, Saints surge Odell Beckham Jr. may have admitted he was unsure of what the future holds, but the Browns receiver insisted that did not equate to unhappiness in Cleveland.Beckham was traded to the Browns by the Giants in the offseason but the three-time Pro Bowler has failed to live up to the hype. He has caught just two touchdowns in 2019 and has gone six games without passing 100 yards receiving, a milestone he has only surpassed twice in 12 games.