Manufacturing Solutions Inc unveils new 92,000-square-foot facility

first_imgManufacturing Solutions Inc,More than 100 people came out on a rainy night last week to attend the Open House at Manufacturing Solutions Inc. The event was the official unveiling of the company’s new 92,000 square foot facility. The move into the larger facility accommodates both growth that the company has seen in the past year and anticipated new business.  According to Hirchak, the company is poised for double-digit growth in the next fiscal year.In his remarks at the event, Garret Hirchak, MSI founder and CEO, was quick to credit his employees and clients for working together toward the vision of keeping jobs and superior manufacturing right here in Vermont.  ‘While many companies are downsizing and moving manufacturing over seas to cut costs, our customers are working with us to find ways to keep that work in the U.S.  That helps the economy of Vermont and of the country.’ MSI employs the ‘Lean Manufacturing’ philosophy and Hirchak believes that’s just part of the reason that MSI is able to be cost-competitive.  ‘Because we can move our workforce between various client projects, MSI absorbs a client’s labor costs as they relate to the ebbs and flows of the production cycle,’ continued Hirchak.MSI offers businesses a wide range of manufacturing services from receiving and storage right through production, packaging and fulfillment. Concept 2 and Blodgett Ovens are just two of MSI’s clients. Manufacturing Solutions Inc. is located in Morrisville, Vermont. http://www.msivt.com(link is external). Source: Morrisville, VT (September 30, 2010) MSIlast_img read more

Chibok Girls remembered one year on after abduction

first_img18 April 2014:Major General Chris Olukolade, a military spokesman, says a report stating that most of the girls had been freed was incorrect but was “not intended to deceive the public.” Parents insist that more than 200 girls are still missing. The military has not rescued any of the girls. 7 May 2014:The #BringBackOurGirls hashtag hits 1 million tweets and US First Lady Michelle Obama joins the online campaign, posting a picture of herself on photo-sharing site Instagram holding a piece of paper with the hashtag on. Nigerian police offer 50 million naira (£180,000; $300,000) for information that could help track the girls down.12 May 2014:Boko Haram release a new video claiming to show around 130 of the abducted girls at an unknown location. In the video, the group’s leader says he will not free the girls until authorities release all imprisoned militants. He also says the girls have converted to Islam. 14 April 2014:Reports from media local that over 200 girls form Chibok had been kidnapped by boko haram islamist militants, on 14 April.15 April 2014:Parents and some girls who escaped say more than 200 students were seized from their school in Chibok in north-eastern Borno state by gunmen overnight. A local government official confirms the incident, saying the exact number of missing students is unclear but puts the number at around 100. 2 May 2014:Nigerian police say militants are holding 223 girls, after 53 of the initial 276 girls who were abducted managed to escape. He explained the higher figure by saying pupils from surrounding schools had gone to Chibok to take exams, as it was believed to be safe. 16 April 2014:Nigeria’s military says most of the girls managed to escape or were freed and releases a statement saying only eight girls are still missing. 6 May 2014:Barack Obama says the “heartbreaking” abduction” may be the event that helps to mobilise the entire international community” to finally act against Boko Haram. He says US experts are being dispatched to help find the girls. Eleven more girls are abducted by gunmen from nearby areas of Borno state. 23 April 2014:Nigerians take to social media to show their anger at the government response and Ibrahim M Abdullahi, a lawyer in Abuja, sends the first tweet using the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls 1 May 2014:Desperate parents in Chibok stage a protest calling on the government to do more in the search for the missing girls. Protests are also staged again in towns and cities across Nigeria. 17 April 2014:Locals say many remain unaccounted for and parents of the missing girls head into the Sambisa forest near the Cameroonian border to search for them. On their return they say they did not see any Nigerian soldiers in the forest. 13 May 2015:Silent protest held in Abuja, almost a year after the abduction, Protesters asking for answers and demand for government and international help 14 May 2015:Newly elected president of Naigeria Muhammadu Buhari has promised to do everything in his powers to save the more than 200  hundred abducted girls of Chibok from the hands of Boko Haram.last_img read more