App-based ‘ojek’ resume passenger transportation service in Jakarta

first_imgJakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has announced that ride-hailing ojek (motorcycle taxi) drivers are allowed to transport passengers again starting on Monday.The drivers were previously only permitted to transport goods while large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) were in effect in the capital, in accordance with Health Ministerial Regulation No. 9/2020 on PSBB implementation guidelines.Anies also issued a decree on June 5, which contains guidelines for app-based ojek drivers to operate during the PSBB.“[Ride-hailing ojek passenger transportation services] begin operating on June 8, 2020,” the decree stipulates.Drivers, however, are not allowed to operate in 62 out of more than 2,700 community units (RW) across the capital where restrictions will remain in place as a result of their higher rates of COVID-19 infection as the city is set to enforce local-scale social restrictions (PSBL).Read also: We’re ready: App-based ‘ojek’ drivers welcome ‘new normal’ with health measuresDrivers are also required to use personal protective equipment when transporting passengers, with masks and hand sanitizer at minimum. They are also required to maintain cleanliness by disinfecting their motorcycles and helmets after transporting passengers.Two-Wheel Action Movement (Garda) ojek association leader Igun Wicaksono said the drivers were ready to apply COVID-19 health protocols, hoping other regions in Greater Jakarta would also immediately allow drivers to transport passengers.”We hope [the app companies] will immediately reactivate their passenger transportation services in other parts of Greater Jakarta,” he said as quoted by kompas.com on Monday.The association, he said, had raised drivers’ awareness on how to prevent virus transmission when transporting passengers, calling on passengers to bring their own helmets to avoid the potential spread of COVID-19.“We will continue to raise awareness and encourage the implementation of health protocols so drivers and passengers will both apply the protocols.” (ggq)Topics :last_img read more

Manchester United target Matteo Guendouzi as midfielder asks to leave Arsenal

first_imgMatteo Guendouzi was dropped by Mikel Arteta for Arsenal’s win over Southampton (Getty Images)Arsenal are also open to selling the French midfielder but will demand at least €40 million (£36m).The report claims that Manchester United have expressed their interest, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side face competition from Juventus and Inter, as Antonio Conte a huge admirer of Guendouzi.United are reportedly looking to strengthen in central midfield in the upcoming transfer window and have already been linked with a move for Ajax’s Donny van de Beek. Comment Matteo Guendouzi faced an internal disciplinary meeting after his clash with Brighton’s Neal Maupay (BT Sport)More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityGuendouzi, meanwhile, has decided to consider his future at Arsenal after being handed fewer opportunities by Arteta.Since Arteta’s arrival in December, Guendouzi has started just four Premier League games, while under Unai Emery, the midfielder had started every league match before the Spaniard was sacked at the end of November.When asked about the decision to drop Guendouzi from the squad after Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Southampton on Thursday evening, Arteta claimed that it should not be interpreted as a warning for the rest of the squad.‘I don’t like to make any decisions to send messages,’ said Arteta.‘The messages that I send to the team or individually are very open and I’m clear with how I feel. Winning is the most important thing and when you win, everything is fine.‘It was squad management. Whatever issue we have internally, I will resolve it in a private way. I explained that I cannot explain and that’s it.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Advertisement Manchester United target Matteo Guendouzi as midfielder asks to leave Arsenalcenter_img Metro Sport ReporterFriday 26 Jun 2020 4:45 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.1kShares Matteo Guendouzi is wanted by Manchester United (Getty Images)Manchester United have registered their interest in Matteo Guendouzi as the midfielder has told Arsenal he would be open to leaving this summer, according to reports in France.Guendouzi was dropped by Mikel Arteta for Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Southampton on Thursday evening following an internal disciplinary meeting earlier this week.The 21-year-old met with Arsenal’s hierarchy to discuss his clash with Neal Maupay during the Gunners’ defeat to Brighton last Saturday.Guendouzi reportedly called Brighton’s players ‘s***’ during the game, while the midfielder is also said to have told his opponents that he earns ‘more than they ever will’.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTGuendouzi, who also grabbed Maupay by the throat at the full-time whistle, was told by the Brighton striker that he ‘needs to learn what humility is’.According to L’Equipe, Guendouzi told Arsenal’s hierarchy in their meeting that he would be open to leaving the club at the end of the season. Advertisementlast_img read more