A man walked into a nearby hospital after being the victim of a shooting at 8:45 p.m. Friday at 21st and Folsom, police said.“I don’t how he got there, but the victim walked into the hospital,” said SFPD spokesperson Officer Joseph Tomlinson. He said the man’s condition is stable. He declined to say if the hospital was San Francisco General. Tomlinson said the victim told police he was walking down Folsom Street when he was shot, but he refused to give any further information.Roberto Fernandez, who was playing soccer at Jose Coronado playground at the time, said he saw a silver or beige coupe stop near the corner of 21st and Folsom streets. Tags: crime • shooting Share this: FacebookTwitterRedditemail,0% He then heard three or four gunshots and saw the car speed off east, toward Potrero Avenue. “He sped off at like 80 miles an hour,” Fernandez said. “The shots weren’t loud,” he added. “We weren’t sure what to think and we kept playing.”Tomlinson said police had no information regarding potential suspects.Recent calls for service to police can be found on CrimeMapping.Crime is trauma and the county offers different services, which can be found here. Victims of violent crime can also contact the Trauma Recovery Center at UCSF. 0%
ADE Gardner and Anthony Walker will play for Whitehaven this weekend after being placed on ‘Dual Registration’.Dave Woods’ side will travel to Keighley on Sunday to take on the Cougars.Alongside their partnership with Rochdale, Saints have an agreement in place with Whitehaven to enable members of its first team squad to play in the Kingstone Press Championship.General Manager Mike Rush said: “We are indebted to Dave Woods and his team for allowing us the opportunity for our first team players to get valuable game time at a high level.“Both Ade and Anthony will benefit from the match against Keighley as they look to force their way into Nathan Brown’s first team plans.“We have real competition for places at the Saints and agreements such as this and with Rochdale enable our players to build up vital match fitness.”
KEIRON Cunningham bemoaned his side’s ruck defence as they went down 41-16 to league leaders Leeds last night.Saints rallied in the second half but left themselves far too much to do.“I thought our ruck defence and marker play was extremely poor,” he said. “As a result we became a victim of our own errors. You can’t give a side as good as Leeds that many chances around the ruck.“They have a great 9 and a lot of good support players that take advantage. The resilience and scramble is always good from Saints but our ruck let us down massively.“And the thing is we came out in the second half after speaking about it and looked a different side. If we had done that in the first half then I’m sure it would have been a completely different game.”That second half rally came on the back of Luke Walsh returning to the fold.“It was always the plan to introduce Luke back the way we have and I had to hold my nerve on him. He played 25 minutes last week, a half this and will start next week.“That is how it was always going to be and I knew he would make a difference as he is a great 7.“To be honest I thought our attack looked good. We didn’t have issue in yardage or good ball and we rolled Leeds down the field. Perhaps we did that a little too easily and the boys may have taken it for granted and became soft around the rucks because of it.“That said, Leeds are a great side and can strike from anywhere. There were times we were down the field and they went full length from an intercept. That is what good sides do and you have to take your opportunities.”
Tickets for the match at the Mend-A-Hose Stadium are now on sale.They are priced at:Advance prices for Members:Adults – £15Concessions (students, juniors, OAPs) – £8Junior Members – FreeAdvance prices for Non-Members:Adults – £18Concessions (students, juniors, OAPs) – £10Junior Members have to pick up their swaps before they travel and coach travel will be announced shortly.“You have to play the best teams somewhere along the way so you may as well get it out the way,” joint coach Sean Long said. “We only played Cas recently when we beat them at our place but this will be a whole new game and of course this time it’s at Castleford.“We are looking forward to the challenge.”Tickets are on sale from the Ticket Office at the Totally Wicked Stadium, by calling 01744 455 052 or online here.
Smith was stretchered off early into the win over Warrington last Friday after being hit by loose forward Sitaleki Akauola and although our young hooker was discharged from hospital over the weekend, he has experienced headaches and pain in his neck this week and has not recovered in time for Friday night’s clash.Hull bound Swift comes in for Smith in the only change to the squad for the trip to high-flying Hull FC and as Holbrook revealed in an interview yesterday, James Bentley should get another chance at hooker. St.Helens 19 man squad1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 10. Luke Thompson, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote, 24. Matty Costello.Hull FC 19 man squad1. Jamie Shaul, 2. Bureta Faraimo, 3. Carlos Tuimavave, 4. Josh Griffin, 6. Albert Kelly, 7. Marc Sneyd, 8. Scott Taylor, 9. Danny Houghton, 10. Josh Bowden, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Joe Westerman, 14. Jake Connor, 15. Chris Green, 20. Brad Fash, 21. Sika Manu, 23. Mickey Paea, 33. Ratu Naulago, 34. Gareth Ellis, 35. Andre Savelio.You can grab your tickets for Friday night’s clash as well as our derby clash with Wigan Warriors at the Totally Wicked Stadium in a ‘Bad Friday’ repeat online here by calling 01744 455052 or by visiting the Ticket OfYou cfice at the Totally Wicked Stadium.Tickets for Saints Coral Challenge Cup Semi Final against Halifax, Saturday July 27 (KO 4:30pm) at the University of Bolton Stadium, are also on sale by clicking here.
BLADEN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Three people died when their car crashed into the trailer of an 18-wheeler early Wednesday morning.It happened around 6:45 a.m. about eight miles north of White Lake.- Advertisement – According to Trooper G.M. White with the NC Highway Patrol, a loaded chicken truck owned by Sanderson Farms was traveling south on Highway 701.White says Angela Pate Varnam, 56, was heading east on NC 210 and failed to stop at the stop sign.Her car went under the trailer of the 18-wheeler.Related Article: Man struck and killed by Amtrak train in North CarolinaVarnam and two passengers, Antonio Joshua Russeau, 20, and Kendal Ronald Joyner, 43, all died at the scene. White said they were coworkers.Highway 701 was closed down for a couple of hours.The truck driver was not hurt.
RELATED: Company to stop fumigation operations at Wilmington siteThe chemical would then be released into the air less than one mile away from Acme-Delco Middle School.Methyl bromide is a highly toxic chemical that also damages the ozone layer.The public hearing is currently taking place, we’ll tell you what happens tonight on WWAY News at 11 p.m. Malec Brothers Transport Fumigation Facility wants an air permit to use 140 tons of methyl bromide to fumigate export logs. (Photo: WWAY) DELCO, NC (WWAY) — WWAY recently told you that Wilmington has some of the cleanest air in the country, but over in Columbus County one company wants to start releasing a potentially harmful chemical into the air.Malec Brothers Transport Fumigation Facility wants an air permit to use 140 tons of methyl bromide to fumigate export logs.- Advertisement –
Racheen Gause (Photo: Brunswick County Detention Center) BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The third suspect wanted for a September home break-in and assault is now behind bars.Navassa Police arrested Racheen Gause, 25, on Wednesday night on Cedar Hill Road.- Advertisement – Police say Gause and two others went into a home on Magnolia Drive on September 19, hit a woman with a gun, robbed her and then took off. The woman’s child was also home at the time.Police say they received word Gause was back in the area. They arrested him during a traffic stop.Gause is charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon Inflicting Serious Injury, Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon and 2nd degree Kidnapping.Related Article: Leland PD warns of phone scam; caller asks for DWI bail moneyAccording to jail records, he is being held under a $100,000 bond.
School secretary Delois McKenzie has a deep connection to the school.“I wish we could have had another year,” said McKenzie, who has worked at the school for 45 years.Decades of memories inside these halls, which will soon echo with silence.Related Article: Columbus County teacher recognized for making an impact on studentsWith less than three weeks until the start of a new school year, the Columbus County School Board voted 3-1 to close the school.“The community feels like they have lost a loved one. Because this is where they went to school, their parents went to school, their grandparents went to school,” said McKenzie.Students will be sent more than nine miles away to Evergreen K-8 school, creating complications for some parents.“Some of the children can walk to school. Now they move them somewhere else, I don’t know how they’re going to get there, some parents don’t have cars,” said parent Ida Mae Kelly.Kelly says she does not like how the situation was handled.“I feel like, in my heart, they knew before two weeks that this school was going to close,” said Kelly.Columbus County Schools superintendent Alan Faulk says teachers will be reassigned to Evergreen and other schools.“Still working on reassigning all the staff, but I think that most of them will be reassigned, well I know that most of them will be reassigned,” said Faulk.Faulk does not know what will happen to the building.“That will be the school board’s option, I assume that they will probably turn it over to the county commissioners,” said Faulk. CHADBOURN, NC (WWAY) — With less than three weeks until the start of a new school year, WWAY learned Monday night that one school in Columbus County will not welcome back students.Chadbourn Middle School has been around for more than 70 years under different names, and the community seems sad to see its doors close.- Advertisement –
View the complete report here. Choppy surf on Oct. 11, 2018 (Photo: WWAY) BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — State recreational water quality officials Thursday are saying testing at three ocean-side sites in Brunswick County showed levels of bacteria exceeding the state’s and Environmental Protection Agency’s recreational water quality swimming standards.The alerts are for waters at the following sites:The public beach accesses at the ocean pier at the Causeway and First Street in Ocean Isle BeachThe public beach accesses at the ocean pier at Main Street and Sunset Boulevard in Sunset BeachThe public beach accesses at the eastern end of Sunset Beach- Advertisement –